Welding Technology and Fabrication
The course covers theoretical and practical skills in Shielded Metal Arc Welding process. The contents of the course are designed to enable the trainees to be molded into confident 1G/3G/6G SMAW welders. Upon witnessing & evaluating trainees’ skills as per the requirement of AWS D1.1, ASME IX, BS EN 287 and DIN certificates are awarded.
- Safety essential in welding.
- Introduction and principle of SMAW
- Welding defects and solution
- Proper metal filler selection for all applications
- Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
- Welding Techniques
- Preparation of weld joints
- Butt joint, fillet and lap joint
- Cutting Processes
- Practice welding in 1G/3G/6G
- Final qualification in 1G/3G/6G